Morphies Law is a robot morphology driven 3D shooter with a simple basic law: each weapon hit transfers mass from the victim’s damaged limb (making it shrink) to the corresponding limb of the attacker (making it grow).
An immediate consequence of mass-stealing is that skilled players become big and easy to hit, whereas beginners shrink until they become difficult targets. Highly skilled players may therefore play with casual players in the same match and both can enjoy the game. Fairness ensues.
Your skill will not be expressed by your kill-death-ratio but rather by your body size, but the bigger you get the harder it will be to stay big.
In the different game modes the goal is different, however they all have 1 thing in common: the more mass you have, the easier it’ll be to win!
Morphies have bodies capable of growing and shrinking their individual body parts independently. Morphies have 8 different body parts you can steal mass from, and each one affects your abilities in one way or another. For example, the size of your lower body affects the behavior of your butt-rocket. Find out more by visiting The Morphies page.
With long legs you can jump on buildings, when you are small you can hide in tiny holes. Thanks to the impact that every limb has on your abilities and the way the maps are designed, each size configuration will allow you to do things that other sizes cannot do.
Friendly fire does not affect the total mass of your team and can therefore be used to implement advanced team tactics. For example, you could shift your team mass from one player to another, allowing each of your team members to reach an advantageous position or to maximize the effectiveness of their Plugin. Used the right way, friendly fire can be a crucial part of your team strategy.
– Mastering the unique mass-stealing and body-morphing mechanic: shoot others to steal their mass!
– Three mass-centered game modes, each giving a unique mass-twist to the shooter genre!
– Four unique maps for you to explore, each with a unique mass-based mechanic!
– Making your own weapons by mashing together weapon parts!
– Mastering your Morphie’s Specs and learning how to adapt to your size!
– Choosing the right Plugin for each occasion and magnifying its power by increasing your size!
– Butt-rockets for everyone!
– Unlocking new weapon parts and Plugins to increase your arsenal as you morph your way through the world!
– Gaining Nuts and Pinatas to unlock face paints, body paints and even emotes to customize your Morphie!
– Playing online morph mayhem, local multiplayer, online with friends or offline against bots!
– Using gyro controls to aim while playing at 60(-ish) fps!
– Discover your true size by battling other players in 4 vs 4 online matches.
– Play with friends from anywhere in private online games with up to 8 players.
– Join your friends’ morph fest in local multiplayer with up to 8 players.
– Exercise your thumbs in offline matches against bots. The bots will not win a Nobel prize, but they’ll sure put up a good fight!
– As you become more experienced you will obtain new weapon parts that you can use to build weapons perfectly tailored to your play style.
– Morphies who have obtained (and lost) lots of mass over time will be able to install new and exciting Plugins, giving them new abilities.
– You will also get Nuts and Pinatas, which can be used to unlock plenty of ways to make your Morphie unique! You can unlock full faces, face parts (to make your own face any way you want!), full bodies, body parts (to mix and match!) and even special emotes to create your very own mass-mayhem-look!
– Aiming without gyro controls? Never! Morphies Law supports gyro controls to ensure maximum precision when trying to grow specific body parts!
– Smooth multiplayer morphing at 60-ish fps! (Bots can cause hiccups, we blame their rusty robo-hardware).
– You can group up with your friends and play just with them, against other players or against bots!
– Get together with your buddies for up to 8 players local multiplayer!